A flurry of updates
Articles and talks across the spectrum of Serverless!
Over the last couple of weeks we've had a lot of articles and videos published on other sites, so here's a roundup :
- We published an article with O'Reilly — Using serverless architectures to build applications with AWS and Java . In here we discuss architecting asynchronous message and file processing using these technologies. This is something we know is a particularly good fit for a Serverless approach.
- John published an article with our friends at A Cloud Guru — How to increase the speed of your AWS Lambda continuous deployment builds. CodePipeline and CodeBuild are remarkable tools for implementing Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment. In this deep-dive article John shows how to parallelize your Maven builds on CP / CB, make them reproducible, and crank the volume to 11 using Docker for dependency resolution.
- Meanwhile Mike published an article with No Fluff Just Stuff magazine — Amazon Lambda — your next Java deployment platform? Starting with a quick intro to Serverless in general, this article continues by discussing how well the JVM fits with AWS Lambda.
On the video side of things a couple of new publications from conferences earlier in the year:
- First is a 1 hour “Introduction to Serverless” talk that Mike gave at the Philly ETE conference. The video is here, and the slides & resources are here.
- Second is another version, more suited for people less experience in Serverless, of Mike's talk on Continuous Experimentation that he gave at Goto Chicago —“Serverless + Modern Agile: A Match made in Silicon Heaven”. The video is here, and the slides & resources are here.
We've now got quite the library of content online. It's all arranged for you in our page“All of our Content”, which we'll keep up to date as we produce more articles, talks, and code.